- Kent is a member of the Euclid School Board. He has served as Board President and as the Legislative Liaison.
- He is the son of two public school teachers.
- He is a former union member of Local 880 in the United Food and Commercial Workers Union.
- Currently, he is in a Ph.D. program for Economic Development at Cleveland State University.
- Kent has a Bachelor's Degree from Miami University and a Master's Degree from Cleveland State University.
- He was the Executive Director of a fair housing agency (Euclid Community Concerns)
- He worked as Grant Writer for Recovery Resources, an $8 million non-profit serving Northeast Ohio in the area of behavioral health care.
- Prior to those experiences, he was the youngest Chief of Staff in Cuyahoga County government in the Recorders Office during the 1990's.
- More recently, Kent has worked as the Grant Writer and as an Investigator for the Cuyahoga County Prosecutor Office. He has also worked with Ohio Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force, where he developed undercover online investigations among other responsibilities.
- He has authored or co-authored two statewide reports on Predatory Lending. As a result of this research, he has tetified before the Cuyahoga County Commissioners and the Ohio State Senate.
- He was the point person for the training of Peace Marshals (working alongside the NAACP, Labor and many social justice groups) when the Klan came to Cleveland in August 1999.
- Euclid High School Graduate - 1984
- Miami University Graduate - 1988
- Cleveland State University - Masters of Science in Urban Studies - 2001
- Cleveland State University - Candidate in Economic Development Ph.D. program - Present
- Euclid City Democratic Leader
- Union Member (former)
- Adjunct Researcher - Policy Matters Ohio
- AFederation for Community Planning - Human Services Advocates Network
- Eastside Irish-American Club - Member
- Euclid Democratic Club - Member
- Leadership Euclid - Graduate
- Euclid Citizens Police Academy - Graduate
- Master Plan Task Force - Past Member, Euclid 20/20